1) We were returning from a friend’s house this weekend and in the car realized that an ant from there (they had just noticed the beginnings of an invasion force) had stowed away in our bag. We live around two hours away. So it occurred to me, what would have happened to that ant if it had made it home? What happens to an ant in isolation? Would it feed itself? Where would it live? Would it attempt to build a new ant hill all by itself? Would it just be lost without its peers? I don’t know.
2) I think I have some kind of crazy Mutant Virus. I’ve been feeling generally unwell, and my glands have been swollen for at least a month now. And I have confirmed this week that in the times I’m feeling especially ill/shaky/feverish, I do actually have a bit of a fever. But it only happens sometimes, for an hour or two. And the rest of the time my temperature goes back to totally normal. What the heck is that??
3) I had to help out my University-age sister this weekend, as she’s run out of credit and hasn’t yet found a summer job. …Not because she’s irresponsible, just because student jobs are a little scarce, and she wasn’t able to find part-time work during the school year this year, so her cash situation is absurdly tight. Our situation is not good either, but at least we still have some credit left. My mother has mentioned that maybe someday my step-father will be willing to sell the house they’re in and move back to Canada. It’s very close to the water, and worth a pile of cash as a result. If they bought a pretty nice house here, all of our financial troubles would just vanish. Just like that. Poof. Theirs, my sisters, and mine. I can’t even imagine. Damn, it would be amazing to be able to get on with our lives looking towards the future instead of paying off the past. I sort of think it would be better in the long run anyway, since eventually one of them is bound to have some kind of medical problem, and taking advantage of the health care their taxes have been paying for would probably be a good idea. I’m not sure there’s actually any chance of it happening, though. I am trying not to get my hopes up.
4) I have determined that if I am able to continue at my current rate, it will take about a month before I’m free of the Luvox. A nice, long month of feeling sort of crappy, if this week is any indication. Just right on that line of crappiness where it is very crappy, but not yet so crappy as to be too crappy to continue. Good times.
5) When we moved in there were some…puppy-related stains…on the living room carpet. After several cleansing attempts, I ended up dousing them solidly with enzyme-loaded pet stain and smell remover. Very effective. …Except that the resulting moisture left them smelling kind of musty instead. Noticeable again now that the windows are open and there’s a breeze blowing across them from time to time. So a couple of days ago, I doused them with anti-mould spray as well. …Except the dampness of the anti-mould spray seems to be generating more mould. How is that even possible? It’s like soap getting dirty.
6) I haven’t been feeling especially internet-inclined of late, and I feel a little guilty for not being more up-to-date on everyone’s happenings. Also, I’m craving toast.
7) The cat pictured in yesterday’s guitar case has decided that I have been at the computer too long now, and is attempting to remove me by force.
8 ) “…I don’t wanna miss a single thing you do…tonight.”